Monday, September 17, 2007

Seven-sentence story -second revision-

Okay, so I had an epiphany in the shower not even 15 minutes ago while I was trying to come up with some environment concepts and I need to get this out in writing before my tired brain forgets everything I came up with.

Thanks, Jon, for the feedback on my last revision but I've decided to completely revamp this story. The character I've designed and revised still works great for this story, and will actually turn out better in the end. My last idea was just too complex for the class and I was running into a serious rut trying to figure out simple solutions to the obvious flaws in the outline.

Help me out guys, if you don't understand or don't like any part of this then let me know ASAP with a quick comment. I want to get this thing hammered out completely before Wednesday so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Thanks!

1. A messenger boy comes to a farmhouse to deliver a message but gets no response, but hears a noise coming from the stables
2. Upon investigating, he sees the farmer mistreating one of the stabled chickens
3. The farmer notices the boy, who delivers the message to him.
4. After the farmer is gone the messenger takes pity on the mistreated chicken and looks for a way to free it from its pen - however the bird is reluctant to be helped
5. The farmer hears noise coming from the stables and catches the messenger freeing the bird.
6. The chicken finally trusts in the boy, and they work together to defeat the farmer
7. The messenger and bird revel in their newfound friendship as they escape the farm

Expect all of my sketches and character modelsheets to be posted once I get access to a scanner.

Environment sketches to follow in suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jmalone said...

I like the story. I'm guessing its just ment to be a simple happy story or am I missing something?
Its structured well I think and it seems like there will be a pretty nice line of action.

I'm just wondering how you are going to show the chicken and the boy working together?